Salmon and Hollandaise sauce
Eat well on Wednesday. This wonderfully simple recipe is one of our favourites. So simple to achieve and very healthy.
- 3 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1kg baby potatoes, cut in half
- 3 garlic cloves, skin left on and crushed
- A few stalks of rosemary
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 4 salmon fillets
- 125g butter
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ tsp white wine vinegar
- Place a large sauté pan on the AGA boiling plate and heat the vegetable oil for the potatoes.
- Add the potatoes, garlic cloves and rosemary. Leave the potatoes to cook through for around 20 minutes, until crispy on the outside but light and fluffy in the centre, stirring the potatoes occasional
- Place the butter in a small saucepan on the induction hob power level preset low. In a small AGA saucepot or small saucepan whisk the egg yolk, white wine vinegar, pinch of salt and a few drops of water together over a very low heat, induction hob power level preset low, until thick and creamy*.
- Remove from the heat and slowly whisk in the melted butter a little at a time until the butter is fully incorporated and you have a creamy hollandaise sauce. Place on the AGA resting area, to keep warm while you cook the salmon.
*Boiling plate method: Place the butter in a small bowl on the resting area of the AGA to melt. In a small bowl that sits on the top of a small sauce pan, whisk the egg yolk, white wine vinegar, pinch of salt and a few drops of water together. Place the bowl over a pan of almost simmering water, you may need to place the saucepan half on and half off the hotplate, whisk until thick and creamy.
- Place the induction griddle on bridge power level 7, lightly brush the salmon fillets with the vegetable oil, place on the induction griddle to cook through turning once until the salmon turns an opaque pale pink colour and gets a nice crispy skin. This is usually around 4-5 minutes per side depending on how big the salmon fillets are. Just as the salmon has finished cooking squeeze the lemon juice over the cooking salmon.*
*Boiling plate method: Place a large frying pan the boiling plate with 2 tbsp. oil in, add the salmon fillets and to cook through turning once until the salmon turns an opaque pale pink colour and gets a nice crispy skin. Just as the salmon has finished cooking squeeze the lemon juice over the cooking salmon.