Croissants, Bacon & Poached Eggs. You can't beat a lazy weekend brunch. Mix the sweet and savoury to create a truly filling feast. Recipe courtesy of AGA Rangemaster Group Home Economist Alexandra Dibble.
- 8 rashers of thick cut bacon
- 4 ready-made frozen croissants
- 4 – 8 fresh eggs (the fresher the better)
- Thick slices of fresh sourdough or artisan bread
- Place the pre-made, unbaked croissants, on a baking sheet lined with bake-o-glide. Lay the bacon on a second AGA baking sheet lined with bake-o-glide. Slide the baking sheet with the bacon on onto the top set of runners and the croissants onto the 4th set of runners (using the bacon tray as a cold plain shelf) in the roasting oven for 10-14 minutes, turning the bacon once.
- Using a medium saucepan bring some water to the boil using the induction hob, reduce the power setting to preset simmer, and wait for there to be little bubbles at the bottom of the pan, crack the eggs into the pan one at a time, a maximum of 4 in the pan at any one time. Leave the eggs in the pan until the whites are opaque and the eggs rise to the top of the pan. This should take around 2-3 minutes.*
- Preheat the toasting rack for a few minutes on the boiling plate, open the toasting rack up and place the bread inside, and back onto the hotplate for 1-2 minutes per side
*Boiling plate method: Place the saucepan half on the boiling plate and half on the AGA resting area, until little bubbles appear at the bottom of the pan, crack the eggs into the pan one at a time, a maximum of 4 in the pan at any one time. Leave the eggs in the pan until the whites are opaque and the eggs rise to the top of the pan. This should take around 2-3 minutes.